Ginger pork - SHOGAYAKI (Prep time: 10.0 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Servings: 2)
- 1 inch ginger (about 1 tsp.)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 onion
- 1/2 lb. thinly sliced porkloin (I use sukiyaki meat)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. of oil
- 2 tbsp. of mirin
- 2 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. sake
- 1 tsp. sugar
If the meat is very thin, cook time is very short. Make sure not to overcook the pork
single layer (cook in batches). Flip the meat when the bottom side is golden brown.
4. In a large non-stick frying pan, heat oil on medium-high heat. Put the meat in a
3. Season the meat with salt and pepper.
tsp. of sugar (optional)
2. Add the seasonings. We like our ginger pork to be a little bit sweeter, so we add 1
1. In a small bowl, grate onion, garlic and ginger.
or else it gets hard. (but also be careful not to undercook)
5. When the meat is cooked through. Add the seasonings and chopped scallion.